The table below shows blood pressure ranges as recognized by the American Heart Association.
To learn more about blood pressure visit the American Heart Association.
Putting my Blood Pressure Drop in Perspective
- On December 29th I was in Hypertensive Crisis with a BP of 193/86. (see photo below)
- My BP has been much higher than that but I've never felt any ill effects.
- Hypertension is often called “the silent killer” because it is a deadly disease that shows no early symptoms.
- Hypertension is the single most significant risk factor for heart disease, congestive heart failure, stroke and kidney disease.
- I've been on BP medication (Linsinopril 40mg a day) for many years.
Below are My Daily Blood Pressure Readings from January 1 to April 30, 2016
- To establish a comparable baseline I take my BP as soon as I get out of bed every morning.
- The photos below show my BP going from a hypertensive crisis to the normal range in just 18 days.
I attribute my rapid and dramatic drop in blood pressure to:
- Getting off the Basic American Diet (B.A.D.)
- Going on a strict Paleo diet
- Weight loss
- Changes in my blood chemistry
- Reduced inflammation in my artery walls
- Exercise ( I walk for one hour 3 to 4 times a week)
It took the Paleo Diet 18 days to do what pills could not in more than 4,300 days.
I love My New Omron DP Monitor
Did you notice I bought a new Omron BP monitor on January 29th? It's An Omron 7 Series. Omron claims they're the number one doctor recommended blood pressure monitor. Consumers give it 4.5 stars on 310 reviews. It's way better than the old one.
FYI: The two green lights indicate both the systolic and diastolic pressures are in the normal range. If one or both pressures are not in the normal range the light(s) are red.
I'm kicking myself I didn't have this BP monitor on January first. It would have been much more dramatic to see the two red lights change to two green lights over 17 days. Damn!
February BP Readings
All Readings are taken first thing in the morning. I took a few random reading during the month. They're posted at the end of the month. See the captions for date and time of day.
March BP Readings
BP taken as soon as I get out of bed. See random day and night reading at the bottom
April BP Readings
April 1 to 9 are early morning. Ten to 30 are at random times of day. (See Captions)